Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby Payton!!!

We finally have our new baby girl here. She didn't want to come so we forced her out. lol. We arrived at the hospital at 6:00 am, on August 10th. I was so nervous driving there. I think because I knew what to expect this time around being induced. After the nurse finished poking me, Dr. Tedesco came in and checked me. I was still only dilated to a 3. Baby had no intentions of coming out. He broke my water and they started me on the pitocin. At around 11:00 an the contractions got pretty intense. That is when I asked for the epidural. I don't remember the epidural hurting as bad when I got it with Rylee. Once it started working though, I was in heaven. Okay, maybe not in heaven, but was feeling much better. When I got the epidural with Rylee, I couldn't move or feel my legs at all, this time I could still move and feel my legs. My legs were really tingly, but I was glad I was able to move them. I totally had plans to watch my soap opera, but due to the contractions and having to get the epidural at the same time my soap started, I had to miss it. Good thing I have them recording at home. lol. At about 1:45pm the nurse came in and said I could turn to my side if I wanted to. I really wanted to, because my upper back was starting to hurt. When I did that though, she couldn't find the baby on the monitor. She tried for a good 20 minutes and finally decided she was going to have to put the scalp monitor on the baby. When she went to check my, I was complete. I felt stupid, cause I didn't know what that meant, so I asked okay, but how far dilated am I? She said you are complete, meaning baby was ready to come. I felt retarded. About 20 minutes later Dr. Tedesco arrived and everything started to happen. He started breaking the bed down and getting everything ready. At about 2:15, I started pushing. At 2:24pm, and 3 contractions later, we found out we had another beautiful baby girl. The surprise was really a lot of fun. We decided to just have Danny in the room. After she was born, he got to cut the umbilical cord. He didn't get to with Rylee, so he was pretty stoked. He was so stoked, he asked me for a high five. When he saw my bloody hand he changed his mind. lol. I didn't even get a kiss, all I got was a air high five. He is such a goober. I did eventually get a kiss, I just thought it was funny that he wanted a high five. I was really surprised that everything went that fast. It was 8 hours faster this time around. Back to baby, she was 8 pounds 4.2 ounces and 20.3 inches long. She was absolutely perfect. Rylee wasn't to excited about her in the hospital. She came in and saw her, but there was a water tank outside that she really wanted to play with and it took priority over her new little sister. Once we got home and let her hold her new little sister though, it was a different story. Now all she wants to do is hold her sister and give her tons of kisses. She has her jealous moments, but all in all she is doing pretty good. Miss Payton is an awesome baby. She does a lot of sleeping. I can't believe she will be 1 week old tomorrow. Time is already flying by. Just like I can't believe Rylee is going to be 2 in just a few weeks. Well, I guess that is all for now. I will leave you with some of the photos the hospital took.














2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Congratulations, you guys! Since when did the hospital have a photographer on site? That's crazy, but such an awesome idea! Did they charge for the pictures, because they turned out GREAT! Love the name, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute and seems like such a sweet girl. Those pictures came out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete